Friday, August 25, 2017

We're heeeere!

We are here!  Well technically we've been here for 6 days now... but who's really counting? The last month has been a complete whirlwind; packing, moving, staying with my parents for two weeks, driving/camping our way up to Colorado for 3 days, unpacking, saying goodbye, crying, unpacking some more... It's all still very surreal.  Like this is just a really weird vacation where we decided to bring ALL of our stuff with us for a little while.  So far I've been so distracted by unpacking and playing at the park with the kids that I haven't been homesick or sad... until today! Today I missed my parents (they left this morning), I missed my friends that I don't stutter around and struggle for conversation because we've already gotten passed that and they still love me, I missed the few people/kids that my son is truly comfortable with (my oldest is doing amazing meeting new friends), I missed knowing where the grocery store is, I missed the familiar, the known.  I knew this move would not be easy.  We left the comfort of home, family, and friends...the comfort of being known and loved for exactly who you are.  We left because we truly felt God calling us here and  His timing has been so evident lately.  He never says following Him will be easy.  He says it will be worth it.  

Anyway, today was a little rough but I cannot thank God enough for making our path clear through campus housing.  We tried the traditional route first: job, house, school.  That never worked out.  What worked out was a profit on our house in Pearland and two available apartments with us being number two on the list (out of 23!).  The community here has been amazing.  So many families in the same stage of life trying to obey God.  We have a play ground right outside our apartment with so many kids to play with and other moms to talk to.  If we had gotten a house, I would be completely isolated from a community.  From the moment Michael pulled the moving truck up to our new home we have been loved on so well. Despite my total awkwardness when meeting new people!! So even though I am homesick, and the worst of that is sure to come, I am looking forward to getting to know the people around me, for my kids to experience communal living, to see K finally get back to school,  to see how God grows us and stretches us through this journey, and to see where He leads us next.  

Hopefully my next post will be full of pictures of my beautiful surroundings, but we haven't had much chance to explore yet!

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys, and I'm excited to see what God does in y'all, and through y'all! I'm committed to pray for y'all through every step!

    Mike Cervantes

    ReplyDelete