Friday, February 10, 2012

Graduating with Honors

Well we had our final visit with the specialist yesterday.  Everything looked great with baby and me!  our little "almost bigger than a shrimp" baby is growing normally.  We could see his legs and arms and even eye lenses!  Crazy.  No, I do not know what we are having yet but I have a little side story that explains why I am leaning towards a boy now.

--1) I don't like calling baby It and it's annoying to keep saying him/her...but here is the better reason.
I teach 6th grade and I have an autistic boy that comes into my classroom.  He is an absolute genius who loves hugs (which we had to limit).  He can frustrate me to no end but also gives me some of the funniest stories.  So he comes up to me Wednesday and says he is really good at telling if it's a boy or girl.  So I said lay it on me...I would love to know what I'm having already!  Problem.  He has to touch my stomach to really be able to tell.  Ummm.  I tell him maybe not but he assures me it will just be for a minute and he can really tell.  So I block off an area (you know away from the boobs and well the other area. Ha!). He puts his hand very gently on my stomach and leaves it there.  I finally move his hand and ask So??  He promptly tells me it's a boy and he would be very surprised if he was wrong.  To be honest, I would be very surprised if he was wrong!  My husband says he has a 50/50 chance and if it is a boy that doesn't mean Jared actually knew anything.  I don't know...I'm not going to bet against him!

Anyway, back to the doctor visit.  So after the doctor looked at everything she said we are graduating with honors!  We are under no more restrictions (except the ones all pregnant women have) and I can start having sweet tea every now and then!!!!  "Steve" who has requested a name change by the way, is still against me having caffeine but I have doctor approval so he can't stop me!  In case you can't tell, we are pretty happy to be released without any concerns for our future bundle of joy.

Doc told us about some tests our new doctor might offer us.  I am sure most of you know this, but I didn't.  They can test the baby and get all the probabilities of your child having some sort of abnormality or disease.  I don't mean to offend anyone, but why would you want that test???  I guess I understand if the doctor sees something unusual and is concerned already... But all it sounds like to me is something else to worry about.  I mean even if they say your child only has a 2% chance of something going wrong.  Who wouldn't focus on that 2% and does it change anything anyway?

So everyone keeps asking how I'm feeling.  Well I'm being a pretty big baby about all of it to be honest.  I don't feel good and I don't like it!  I have always been a healthy person.  I hardly ever get sick and when I do it doesn't last long.  So I just don't know how to deal with feeling bad!  I know it's all worth it and everything but I'm just saying it isn't fun.

My students have noticed my decrease in patience and probably most of my coworkers have noticed too.  I have always had a lot of patience with my students and rarely yell at them (that does not mimic my life outside of children), but it seems like lately they are not getting away with near as much.  I felt so bad the other day, I guess I was smiling when my class walked in and they were all so excited because they thought I was in a good mood!  Isn't that awful?!?  I apologized to them all and those sweethearts said it was okay.  They understood it was the pregnancy. I felt terrible.  I have tried to make a conscious effort to ignore my irrational irritation and I pray for patience a lot.  I asked "Steve" (i just don't know what to change it too!) if I have been mean to him.  He claims I haven't been as bad towards him... I know your saying he is just trying to be nice, but those of you that know him know he would be honest before nice! I mainly believe him because it seems instead of being irritated with him I am really lovey dovey.  I just love him and love how much he loves our baby already.  I love how protective he has been and I normally NOT like being protected.  I could go on and on but I will spare you all :)

This is long, so here it ends.  Thanks for the prayers so many of you have sent our way.  They are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment