... and Spring break is officially over. Breaks never seem long enough and they really almost ruin me. They throw off the schedule, the routine and make it so hard to get up on Monday morning. Right now, for instance, I should be starting my nightly routine...making lunches, setting out my clothes, taking a shower, instead I am sitting on the couch watching tv and writing. I won't go to bed at a reasonable hour, I will run on adrenaline tomorrow, and be exhausted on Tuesday.
All that being said... BREAKS ARE WONDERFUL! Oh, and much needed when you are a teacher! We got to go to Costa Rica this break. It was our 5 year anniversary trip. We went to a different part of Costa Rica than we did 5 years ago, and it proved to be just as wonderful. It was a much different trip this time. The first was all about adventure while the second was all about relaxation. Being 4 months pregnant (yes, I get a lot of joy from saying that!) we couldn't do all the things we were planning when we originally booked the trip, but I did get to finish 4 books and got plenty of rest!
I told my husband that baby must want us to move to Costa Rica. It was the first week I didn't feel sick...no stomach flip flops, no headaches, and no complete exhaustion. Mama and baby have a love of Costa Rica. It's not just the sun and beautiful beaches it's the people...and the food! The people live a simple life where most aren't on any kind of schedule. They take forever to bring you your ticket at a restaurant, they stop multiple times on their personal business while taking you to the airport (it's just a plane trip right?), they never leave a place on time, and so what if plans change, Pura Vida right? I want to live that life, but it almost seems impossible to do in the U.S. at least for me anyway. It seems like the more you have the more uptight you become...
Now the food... maybe that's what really made me feel better. Everything was so fresh, made from scratch, and wonderful! Oh I miss the food! Ha! Pregnancy has officially let the fat kid inside me out! My favorite is the pineapple. They have the best! It's sweeter than the pineapple here and just all around awesome.
So I could talk about the food and people forever, but I really do have to start getting ready for work tomorrow....
Until next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment