Well I think the next 9 weeks are going to be the longest of my life! The days seem to never end and what I think happened a week ago really happened yesterday. It's crazy how anticipation can slow time in our own little worlds. My first trimester, waiting to reach the safety zone, seemed like it would never end. My second trimester was gone with a blink. Now my third trimester feels like it's at a stand still. The anticipation of holding her and finally seeing what she will look like is killing me! No image pops into my head when I try to picture her. Will she have a giant head like her dad did (I hurt just thinking about it!), will she be light or dark headed, will she look like me or her dad??? I also can't wait to have normal hugs from "K", to sleep on my stomach, to run and not care if I trip and fall (as long as I'm not holding Blythe!), to breathe normal, and to work up a sweat from a good work out instead of from just walking to the car!
It's weird the things you miss... I honestly never thought I would miss anything and that I would just love everything about being pregnant. After our struggle to get pregnant I thought that even if I was puking my guts out this whole time it wouldn't bother me...I was wrong! Not that I wouldn't take this or a thousand times worse to meet my child. I just don't enjoy the pregnant phase as much as I thought I would! I do enjoy feeling her kick, hearing her heartbeat, and getting her room ready... I find myself going and just sitting in her room sometimes or looking at her little clothes. My sister-in-law just gave me some adorable clothes and a blanket with Blythe's name embroidered on them. I love seeing her name written and will go pull out the clothes just to see them again. "K" is very ready and excited to meet her but he doesn't understand the draw her room and belongings have for me. Admittedly, I don't understand the draw either I just know it's there...
Speaking of "K" he is so ready to meet her. I love when he sits and talks or sings to her. He will be an amazing dad and that little girl will have him completely wrapped around her little finger. I can't wait to see it.
So the original plan was to have a completely natural birth (as long as there were no complications or anything). I would really prefer to not have any drugs and to go into labor on my own. HOWEVER, after experiencing a few days of 100 degree weather, and the indigestion, and now some rib pain (which will only get worse from what I hear!) I am not so against being induced!! I don't think I will want to go a week longer than I have to and the majority of the women in my family went late... So, I am rethinking my plan. I am thinking I will let doc induce me the week of the 2nd if baby girl doesn't come on her own by then. We'll see...
I have my shower coming up tomorrow and can't wait to finish off Blythe's room with all her goodies. I will try to post some pictures of it later.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment