What a week and it's ONLY Wednesday!!!!! Things started out pretty good... We found out last Tuesday that our newest niece would be arriving that Monday the 9th and K decided to take me on a little weekend get away for an early birthday present. He wanted to surprise me with a trip to Colorado or something and got permission from my doc for me to fly....BUT when he told me about it I was a little nervous to fly being this far in my pregnancy. So we got a fancy hotel in Dallas and shopped, ate at fancy restaurants, and hung out with great friends. So a relaxing weekend leading up to the long awaited delivery of our little niece, what could possible ruin this week?????
AN EMERGENCY ROOT CANAL THAT'S WHAT!!!!!!!
That's right people the 30 (well almost) year old girl who still cries in the dentist chair had to have a root canal at 32 weeks pregnant! So instead of getting to see and hold a perfect little girl on the day she was born, I had to leave the hospital and have a root canal. I'll back up a little bit. I woke up at 2am Saturday morning with a little tooth ache. My teeth had been a little sensitive the week before, but I attributed it to clenching my jaw more frequently (nerves about meeting my baby girl soon!). I took some tylenol and went back to sleep thinking that was the end of that. Well as the day went on and we traveled back to Houston the tooth ache started getting worse. I recognized the pain as nerve pain. You know the kind of pain that radiates through your jaw and even up the side of your face... and it was not going away. By 4 am Sunday morning I was in tears and K was on the road searching for an open store that sold Orajel...the tylenol had stopped working much earlier that day. In case any of you were wondering Orajel does not do much for nerve pain. I had to tough it out until Monday. So after another sleepless night I got up called my doctor and called my dentist using the emergency lines because none of them were open yet. My doctor said I could have dental work, the numbing shots, and x-rays (with double vests over baby) and my dentist said nothing because HE WAS OUT OF TOWN! Ugh. My wonderful husband started looking up dentists in the area and found one that could see me that morning. He took an x-ray and couldn't see anything. His solution was to shave down a little of my cap with the thought that with me clenching my jaw the cap was hitting the other tooth. I thought this was great because if that was all it was I didn't have to have a root canal. However, when he started filing the pain that should have immediately stopped became the worst it had been in 3 days. That's when he decided to send me to a specialist. They made me an appointment for the next day. I thought I could handle the pain for a little longer and I wasn't going to end up missing baby girl Jones. Well, sitting at the hospital I decided I actually couldn't handle it anymore. The specialist took me back at 4pm and I have NEVER been happier to have a shot in my mouth as I was at that time. I almost fell asleep in the chair after 2 nights of no sleep and finally being pain free. With that I had my first ever root canal. Which I would take any day compared to the pain I had before the root canal. Now my only worries were:
1) Will my baby have 3 eyes because I had to have so many x-rays
2) Did any of my numbing drugs affect her
3) Oh God what if it happens to the other cap I have!!
I do know my baby's eyes are already developed and my doctor cleared everything they did and gave me before they did it, but it still really freaked me out. Insert all the times I have said I trust God. I know no matter what He is in control and if He wants me to have a 3 eyed baby then we will use that third eye to glorify Him! (I don't really think she will have a third eye!!)
On the bright side... Everything went wonderfully with baby Jones and the c-section, and I got to hold that perfect little girl the day after she was born.
She has a perfect nose and chubby cheeks that are adorable. Makes it harder and harder to wait to meet my little girl. Steph and Greg had a not so easy pregnancy and it was an answered prayer to see all doing so well. I know the new parents are glad to finally meet their little girl and end their worries...which I guess are just going to be replaced with new parent worries! Worry is the new normal for parents right??
Well Wednesday is coming to an end and my mouth is still a little sore but a thousand times better than it was. I've gotten to see Miss Jewel two days in a row and I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I am going to try to convince my doctor to give me an ultrasound...you know check for that third eye! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:
Post a Comment