Now I have to wonder how people balance life and kids?? I mean nothing else seems quite as important anymore. I could spend, and have spent, all day just staring at, feeding, changing, and cuddling my little girl. I feel very consumed, but how healthy can that be?
Well... I started writing this entry about 3 weeks ago. How's that for balance!!
I still haven't quite figured out how to balance life plus Blythe but it has gotten a little easier. I guess that's the key- one day at a time. I was a watching a tv show a few weeks ago and one of the characters said something that keeps running through my head. The couple just had a kid and they were the first ones in their group to have one. They were trying to explain to everyone else why they hadn't been around as much. The guy said, "It's not that he (their son) is the most important thing in our lives but the ONLY important thing in our lives." At the time I thought that I certainly didn't feel that way but then I took a look at how different my life was now that Blythe was here. If I didn't feel that way I certainly wasn't showing it. So many things are important not just my child, but how do you make that true?? How do you balance?? I guess, like I said earlier, one day at a time...as life settles in to a new kind of normal.
Blythe is two months old today. I can't believe she's been here that long and can't believe how much she has changed since the day we brought her home.
Well... I started writing this entry about 3 weeks ago. How's that for balance!!
I still haven't quite figured out how to balance life plus Blythe but it has gotten a little easier. I guess that's the key- one day at a time. I was a watching a tv show a few weeks ago and one of the characters said something that keeps running through my head. The couple just had a kid and they were the first ones in their group to have one. They were trying to explain to everyone else why they hadn't been around as much. The guy said, "It's not that he (their son) is the most important thing in our lives but the ONLY important thing in our lives." At the time I thought that I certainly didn't feel that way but then I took a look at how different my life was now that Blythe was here. If I didn't feel that way I certainly wasn't showing it. So many things are important not just my child, but how do you make that true?? How do you balance?? I guess, like I said earlier, one day at a time...as life settles in to a new kind of normal.
Blythe is two months old today. I can't believe she's been here that long and can't believe how much she has changed since the day we brought her home.
Man, that is one cute kid!!
She got her shots yesterday and it was horrible...for me mostly. We both cried but I cried longer and then spent the rest of the day checking for side effects, checking her temperature, and checking my watch to make sure I wasn't giving her tylenol too early. She had a rough day and wasn't completely back to normal today but still had plenty of smiles for us. She's a trooper and I'm a weenie.
I go back to work on Thursday and can't imagine spending my days without this girl. I hate that I won't be the one she sees the most throughout her day. I'll miss our morning talks and naps in my arms.... Nope can't even write about it.
Tomorrow we go back to church for the first time since she was born. We were waiting for her to get her shots before we took her around crowds of people. I'm glad to finally be back... a little more normalcy, a little more balance.


No comments:
Post a Comment