Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blythe Elizabeth...


Well 17 days ago I got to meet my little girl.  It is a day I will never forget with the first moment I saw her etched in my mind forever.  Her cry was the greatest noise I have ever heard and still continues to make me smile simply for the pure joy of knowing that is our child's cry.  Blythe was born at 4:12 pm, 7 lbs 13 oz., and 20 and 1/4 inches long.  I am amazed at how quickly I fell in love with this child and how instantaneously the worry sets in.  I mean how many times can you check to make sure someone is breathing?!?!  I am also overwhelmed at how much my love changed for my husband.  I already loved him beyond words, but seeing him love, care, and worry about our daughter made that love grow even more... I didn't know that was possible.

A friend came over to photograph our sweet girl and made a comment worth mentioning.  She said it's not everyday that God gives you a tangible answer to your prayers, one you can see and hold and cuddle with.  Every day that we get to look at our little girl we get to see His answer to so many prayers.  It is an amazing thing.  He is an amazing God.

A little sneak peak of the great photos Amanda Barker takes...


Our first picture...


Our little snuggle bunny!


Our 2 week check up: 8 lbs, 21 inches long.  She got her heel pricked and squeezed and didn't shed a tear.  We got a tough one :)


I love the way she sleeps...

No comments:

Post a Comment