So I just paid $80 for a guy to come push a button in my garage... Made me feel like a genius. Our power flickered out the other day and ever since then our garage door hasn't worked. We checked the breakers, pushed the reset button on the motor, unplugged and plugged it back in....still wouldn't work. Finally we called someone. He came this morning, looked around for about 5 seconds, moved a giant piece of cardboard we had leaning against the wall, and pushed the reset button on the wall outlet. Wham bam thank you ma'am. I don't know if the cardboard hadn't been there if we would have thought to push that dumb button or not... I'd like to think that yes we would have, but probably not. I do know about those dumb buttons and I've known to push them before, but not once did it cross my mind this time. Can I blame pregnancy brain??????? K can blame my crazy hormones for distracting him!
Speaking of pregnancy, this one has been so different than the last one! I think a lot of the differences are due to being pregnant so soon after I already did this and being pregnant while chasing a one year old around. However, some are due because this is a different child. I felt worse during the first trimester. Foods that sound good make me feel terrible (why do babies do that to their mommies??). NOTHING healthy sounds good. My hormones have been THROUGH THE ROOF. That's the biggest change by far. I remember being mostly happy when I was pregnant with Blythe. With this one I'm on a roller coaster called the AWDR- angry, weepy, and depressed ride. It is so strange how different things can be. Maybe it's all this testosterone swimming around in me... that's right we FINALLY got to find out we are having A BOY!!!!!!! My little mama's boy wouldn't show the goods the first time we checked, so finally at 21 weeks the anatomy scan showed us a little dangly bit!! That's what one of the doctors my sister-in-law works for calls a penis...in case you were wondering! We don't have any really great pictures because apparently this boy is a mover and a shaker. He moved every time she snapped the picture so they are all blurry. He might really be active but it also might have something to do with the Dr. Pepper I drank right before I went in... I really wanted to make sure he was moving so she could tell me boy or girl!! Anyway, we are beyond excited to meet this little man along with a being a little nervous (just me)...I mean what do you do with a little boy and his dangly bit????? Haha!
I just can't wait for him to get here and dress him in all those little man clothes! And I can't wait to see how Blythe is as a big sister. She loves baby dolls and is always giving hugs and kisses, but I think she'll have somewhat of a tough time adjusting to not undivided attention 24/7! It will all be so amazing to see.
So that's my news.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment