So what do you do when you are 36 weeks pregnant, gigantic, hot and sweaty, and can barely catch your breath after you walk two feet??? NOTHING, because well that's your only option! I can't force this baby out of me. The only other option I've gotten is when my cousin's little boy offered to let the shark on his bathing suit eat my baby out of my stomach. I told him to ask me in a week and see what the answer is then! So other than escape by shark my choice is to wait, pray I don't get any fatter and that she comes earlier rather than later. We did go to the doctor on Tuesday and received some good news. I have actually made some progress!! At 36 weeks and 2 days I was 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced!! There was a lot of fist pumping going on after that! I know that some women can sit for weeks and never change from that, but Doc said the best sign that she wouldn't be late was how low she was sitting. Doc actually touched her head!! Which really freaked K out by the way!! She also said she doesn't foresee any complications with a regular (I'll spare you the V word!) birth because of the position Blythe has herself in already! We FINALLY got another ultrasound and they could tell that baby girl will have hair! They are estimating her weight at around 5lbs 11oz and they confirmed that her feet are kicking my ribs...oh joy. Doc said her abdomen was a little skinny but since her overall weight was in the normal range she wasn't concerned. So all you people who thought I was going to have a huge baby the jokes on you, I'm just fat!! Well I guess there's no joke at all because my weight is really no laughing matter... unless you want to get kicked in the shins!! :)
While none of this gives us any real time frame, Doc did say she didn't think I would have to be induced. We talked about inducing me after I was a week late. I really would prefer to go into labor on my own, so that's actually been my prayer. Being early would just be a bonus! After this visit she said she doubts I will be late. Since I've been having contractions every day now, I agree with her!
Hopefully I will be posting baby pictures on here pretty soon!!
Until next time...
YAY!!! Come on BLYTHE!!!!
ReplyDelete