Sunday, September 9, 2012

One last time...

In my last post I said you wouldn't be hearing from me until after baby girl arrived, but I lied :)

I made it to my appointment Wednesday (9/5/12) where I was 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  I hadn't had any change from the previous week- 3cm and 80ish% effaced.  My doctor said she couldn't believe separating my membranes at my last visit hadn't put me in labor.  I just think my baby girl is going to be a lot like her momma and decided if we were going to try to trick her out she was going to stay even longer!  Gotta love her already!!

I was really hoping to not have to be induced but 40 and half weeks was long enough.  Doc gave me two days, Thursday (9/6) or Monday (9/10), to be induced.  I picked Thursday and let her know my bags were already in the car if she wanted me to walk on over right then.  She said no...  and called the hospital to see if they had an opening.  They didn't.  So I will be induced Monday morning (tomorrow! eeek!!!) at 6 a.m. I will be 41 weeks and one day pregnant... 8 days after my due date.  I am ready.  Not the kind of ready that means I am prepared for every possible outcome and know exactly what to do when this kid is finally in the world, but ready to make mistakes and learn from them, ready for trial and error, ready to hold and cuddle, ready to finally see what she'll look like, ready for a new set of worries, just ready...

So today I have a day of lasts (for a long time anyway!).

Last time to get out of breath while vacuuming
Last time to hang out in bed with just two members of this family... well three if you count our dog!
Last time for our dog to jump on the bed in the morning
Last night to be forced to sleep on my side!!  Back and stomach here I come!
Last day of counting kicks...just to be sure
Last day of wondering how bad her cone head is going to be!
Last day for this set of worries
Last day to worry about squeezing something so big out of something so small!
Last time to have so much trouble shaving my legs!
Last time to walk in her room and try to coax her out with all her pretty stuff!
Last day to be responsible only for myself
Last day of wondering what she will look like
Last day to be just us...

So glad the lasts have finally arrived and so ready for all the firsts that are just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment