Today I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. I have been blessed beyond all measure. I just spent two weeks in South Dakota and Colorado (minus the 4 days it took to get there!). I am thankful for vacation. A time where you can get away from the mundane. I am thankful for car seats. A time where your children are locked down and you can actually get some books read. I read 3 in the 4 days it took to get to South Dakota. I am thankful God created mountains. I am a mountain girl. I think they are beautiful, and I want to live where I can see them and hike through them everyday. I am thankful for my parents. They let us tag along on their trip and make great memories with our babies (who won't remember this trip whatsoever but will have plenty of pictures for proof of those good times!). I am thankful God chose them as my parents and even more thankful that my kids have them for grandparents. I am thankful for my husband, who works so hard to provide for us and who was willing to carry our two year old up a mountain so she could see snow in July (she has been asking to see snow since Frozen...). I am thankful for my babies. For their smiles, their joy, their snuggles, their independence, and their love. Two weeks is a long time to camp in a trailer and a cabin... So I am also thankful for showers that you don't bump your elbows in and that don't run out of hot water two minutes in. I am thankful for my own bed. Enough said. I am thankful for my kid's own beds. Enough said. I am thankful for airplanes, because after 4 days of driving to South Dakota, driving to look at scenery, and 1 day driving to Colorado (all with a 4 month old and almost 2 year old) it was glorious to get home in 3 hours instead of 3 days. I shiver just thinking about if we had to drive home. I am thankful for my home. There really is no place like it (I just wish my home was in the mountains!).
I am also thankful that on my birthday I was awakened with breakfast in bed. That I got to hear the sweetest happy birthday song from my little girl and the funniest happy birthday song from my parents. I am thankful for birthday wishes. I am thankful for my in laws, who celebrated me like I was one of their own. Because I am and I am thankful for that too. I am thankful I got to watch Blythe jump for joy when her Uncle B won her a zebra at Main Event. I am thankful for family. I got to spend the evening watching Blythe play with her cousins. Watching them take turns while Uncle B pushed them on the bike around the house (they were actually forced to take turns...it was not their idea). Watching my 4 year old niece tell Knox to look to his left...and she was right!! How many 4year olds know their left from their right????? Watching Blythe and Jewel (2 months apart) sit side by side on the coffee table drinking water and each holding a baby and a blanket. I am thankful for family to make memories with. I am thankful that in God's grace and mercy he has blessed me with salvation and through Him I see the joy in all the small things. It has been a fabulous day.
No comments:
Post a Comment