While this was going on my husband... What did I finally settle on calling him??? He said he didn't like Steve, that he was just kidding when he said that... Oh yeah, K. I settled on K because Marlboro Man was already taken and that was the example he used when asking for a nickname! I love that man. So my husband, K, was wrapping up a not so great day at work and heading to the hospital to visit his grandfather who was admitted on Sunday and they still don't have many answers....When K and I finally got to talk that night it was such a dose of reality. Life is not a fairy tale. Believe me when I say I already know this, but sometimes reality hits a little harder than normal. Those moments when you realize that as a kid/teen/young adult you had absolutely no idea about real life and being an actual adult isn't quite as glamorous as you thought it would be. Anyway, yesterday was one of those moments. Life is hard. And I have an amazing life. I have an awesome husband who works so hard to provide for his family and is one of the best fathers I know. I have two beautiful and healthy children. I have a roof over my head and food on my table. I have great friends and family. So if I think life is hard, how do others feel? Others who don't have awesome husbands or healthy children or a roof or food....
And this is one of the many reasons why I am so thankful I don't live for this life. That others don't have to live for this life. That you don't have to live for this life. I can't imagine going through this life thinking this was it. I live for Christ, the conqueror of sin, the one who has promised an eternity of joy and peace standing in His presence, the one who makes this life worth it ...even the hard moments. Thank God for all the blessings He has given me on earth, but more than that thank God for the hope of an eternity spent with Him. That makes the hard days not so hard and the good days even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment