And I have a few thoughts....
1). Ariel is SIXTEEN. Never really paid attention to her age before, but she's 16, defies her father, makes a deal with a witch and they make it look like all of that was perfectly ok!!! Like she was right in the end. Now I can sing Under the Sea with the best of them, but I'm thinking maybe Ariel should be off our playlist!
2). Maleficent and the wicked step mother are the exact same person. Same voice. Same face. Maleficent just has magic. Same for Flora and the fairy godmother. Oh and King Hubert (prince phillip's dad) is the exact same dad as the king in Cinderella. Cinderella was made first, so Sleeping Beauty is just a rip off. On a different note... I always remember being scared of Maleficent as a kid, but Blythe isn't phased at all. She says Maleficent would be nice to her if they met!
3). Where are all the mothers?????? Thank goodness for Brave.
4). Speaking of Brave... Finally a movie with the mom playing a prominent role and it's a good role. If Blythe is going to adore princesses, I hope she pays the most attention to Merida (and Belle). I love Brave. I love the mother/daughter relationship and the lessons they both learn. I mainly love the lesson Merida learns... Maybe your mother could be a bit more lenient but she knows where you've come from and knows where you are going and she's there with you through it all. I might be a little biased and a little sensitive on this topic.... Whatever. Don't judge me.
5). Belle is still my favorite princess, although Merida is a very close second. Belle loves to read, is adventurous and smart, and SHE rescues the Beast. She's the best. It never says her age, so please don't ruin it and tell me she's 16 or anything...
6). Let it go, let it go.... Oh Frozen. How does Kristof's ice not melt when he brings it down during the summer? How did they get all the ice and snow out of the castle when Anna and Elsa were kids? When exactly did Prince Hans start devising his evil plan? WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT ACCENTS? Oh and the trolls totally ruined Elsa's life. She wasn't afraid of her powers until they told her not to be afraid... I guess it isn't all bad. Anna teaches some good lessons. Never trust someone you just met and know nothing about. No matter how cute or charming. Love at first sight is a lie so movies can get on with the plot. Don't fall for it, because when you do you end up with a liar who is trying to kill your sister... Just saying.
And on that happy note I sum up my crazy thoughts during this unbelievably long quarantine. Pray we can get out of the house tomorrow.... As you can surely tell, I'm going a bit crazy 😜
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment