Well this past week was my first week back to work, and THANK the Lord it was only a three day week! Getting back in the swing of things was a lot harder than I remember it being. I think it was because we got an extra two days added to our break this year...it ruined me. This week won't be much better. We have full days Monday and Tuesday, half days Wednesday and Thursday, and no kids Friday. I only have 1 teaching day that whole week. While short weeks are always nice it does not help me get back into my routine... Right now for instance I am writing on my blog instead of working on my lesson plans.
I do enjoy seeing my students again (most of them anyway!). Upon our return one of my students came to class saying, "You are going to be so proud of me!" He told me he was at his confirmation class and had a chance to correct his teacher while talking about other religions. When the teacher asked him how he knew that? He said proudly, "Mrs. Knight taught me." I loved it. The funny thing is he was happier that he gave me credit than him remembering the information! Ha! My students crack me up. My husband says the reason I am good with 6th graders is because I have a 6th grade sense of humor. It's true. Every time I get mad at them they end up doing something hilarious and I am immediately over it.
I, of course, do have some butt cracks but for the most part my students this year are great. My first class of the day could run themselves without me even being there and I love it. They straighten the desks, pass out IDs, tell others to get in dress code, set up the morning announcements...all without me having to say a word anymore. They are stinkin' awesome.
I must say talking about my kids has me a little more ready for Monday. Maybe this is what I needed to get back in the swing of things!
Until next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment