Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A new plan...uh oh!

God brought us restoration through our friend's prayers.  We had hope that we were on the right path, that God had not forgotten us, and our obedience would be blessed.  I began to work on a new plan...  You would think I had learned my lesson right??  God has shown me my plans are nothing compared to His and His are the important ones.  So why do I make plans???  I do mainly because I just can't help myself.  BUT I go into these new plans with the knowledge and understanding that nothing might come of them, that God will change them as he sees fit, and I actually look forward to seeing where God takes us and how he changes those plans.  Through all this refinement I hope one day my relationship with God will be so strong that my plans line up with His will on the first try.

The Plan:
We continue to hope for a natural pregnancy and practice, practice, practice (Ha!!) :)
We plan on traveling as much as possible and are looking forward to going on our first international mission trip.  "Steve" and I have felt like we have been called to do a mission for a while now but always put it off.  We had plenty of excuses... What if we have a baby, what if i can't travel during a treatment, what if we need that money for the doctor, what if, what if, what if.  No more excuses.  We are going this summer and were looking at the Ukraine or Cuba.  We also have trips planned to Italy and Costa Rica.  We are taking this time to travel because "the plan" is to wait about two years and start the adoption process.  So we need to travel while we have the time!  I feel that God has given me a heart for children, biological or not. We can provide a child with a safe and loving home.  We can do what God has called us all to do, take care of His orphans.  I think some people are designed to do this work but need a little push to actually follow through.  I think we might be those people.  I feel I was made to be a mother whether my children are biological or adopted. I look forward to seeing the child God has picked out for us.

1 comment: